Sometimes, finding the right words and tone to properly address your audience isn’t easy. At other times, you may have so much content in the pipeline that you don’t know where to start.
All this stress is left behind with AI writing tools. These platforms not only increase content flow, but they also improve your style, run checks for grammar mistakes, and reveal plagiarism. As such, an AI writer enhances productivity and produces more written content for both businesses and individuals.
With this in mind, AI writers are incredibly versatile. Often, all you need is a quick spellcheck, while on other occasions, you may need to conduct thorough research. As such, it’s essential to do your homework to decide what you need before committing to any AI writing software.
Best AI Writing Tools of 2023
What Is an AI Writer?
An AI writer is essentially a professional writer’s digital assistant. This software uses machine learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology to predict the most logical word and sentence structure.
For AI-powered writing tools to work effectively, you must provide a basis for the content you need, such as a prompt, outline, or draft. An AI writer then turns this into coherent written content, be it marketing copy, a blog post, a slogan, or even a longer piece like a research paper. However, it’s essential to revise the finished text thoroughly.
Types of AI Writing Tools
‘AI writer’ is a broad umbrella term. As such, all the following tools focus on different aspects of writing:
- AI-powered grammar and style checkers: These tools spot stylistic errors by identifying incorrect grammar. Afterward, they compare it to existing patterns in their databases and make suggestions for improvement accordingly.
- AI-driven content generators: They create text based on prompts, such as those used for ChatGPT. These platforms can conduct advanced research and adjust the piece’s style to a specific type of content and audience.
- AI-enhanced plagiarism detectors: These tools reveal word variations, paraphrasing, and, most importantly, AI-generated content.
- Multilingual translation and localization tools: This software analyzes a target language and translates a text word by word. However, it’s usually better if you speak the language since grammatical and stylistic corrections tend to be necessary.
- AI essay writers: Best for those who write in their second language, these platforms generate either outlines or whole research papers.
Benefits of Using AI Writing Tools
While AI writers can make mistakes, the benefits far outweigh their disadvantages:
- You can create high-quality content much faster when combining your skills with an AI writing tool’s research capabilities.
- It’s cost-effective for those who regularly outsource writing tasks to freelancers.
- Improving your content’s SEO becomes significantly easier, considering keyword-based content is more easily generated.
- Writing becomes more personalized, as it’s easier to stay on brand and cater content to a specific audience with an AI writer.
- Repetitive tasks like self-editing are automated, while your use of grammar, spelling, and stylistic nuances also improve.
- An AI writing tool assists multilingual content creation since you no longer have to translate content on your own.
Considerations Before Choosing an AI Writing Assistant
There are numerous aspects to think through before choosing AI writing software. The following elements are the most important:
- Writing model used: It’s crucial to check if the software uses an in-house AI writing model or a more established one, like GPT-3. Note that the latter’s dataset ends in 2019, which means content generated with GPT-3 quickly becomes outdated.
- Number of templates: This is important if you regularly change content types.
- Type of user: Solutions vary in price, so think carefully about your budget and what you need the software for.
- Language support: The solution should be multilingual since you might want to translate or generate content for a non-English audience.
- Ease of use: The tool should either be highly intuitive or provide instructional guides.
- 24/7 customer support: Given the relative novelty of AI software, many of its characteristics are unknown to the general public. This makes fast-responding customer service essential.
Future Trends Shaping AI Writing Tools
As with other types of AI software, such as video generators, many professionals are afraid that they’ll eventually lose their jobs to AI writers. However, this is highly unlikely considering artificial intelligence is far less creative than humans.
Instead, AI writing tools can potentially become trustworthy advisors for anyone creating written content. For example, this software may develop into a more thorough researcher than any human. As such, writers and artificial intelligence can be collaborators in producing high-quality and engaging work.
Another likely AI advancement is more personalized content suggestions, with the platform analyzing your style and applying it to other content. It may also smoothly turn casual writing into a more formal tone and vice versa. Furthermore, an AI writer will help you target a niche audience to produce specialized texts.
All in all, it’s safe to say that AI-powered content creation has a bright future ahead. Writers supported by artificial intelligence will be able to become more productive and streamline workflows much easier, while honing and developing their skills.