Information You Provide to Us
- User reviews and comments: When leaving a user review or comment we ask for your name or nickname (required), email (required) and website (optional). Your IP address is also being logged and is used solely to eliminate any spam or duplicate comments. We may contact you via the provided email address to verify that you were actually the person who submitted the user review or comment. You may choose to have this provided information stored in your browser to make it more convenient for you to leave a comment in the future.
- Newsletter subscription: You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email address. Your email address will be securely transferred and stored with our third-party email marketing service provider MailChimp.
- Contact: When contacting us through our contact form or via other means to inquire about our services, ask for support or inquire about job and business opportunities, we may keep the information that you provide to us for our own purposes only.
Information That Is Automatically or Passively Collected
Best Reviews and its service providers may collect data about you to further improve our services and customize your experience. This includes cookies (small text files that are placed on your computer when visiting a website), web server logs (a file with website activity data to distinguish visitors) and tracking pixels (small electronic tags for anonymously providing usage information for advertising purposes).
Cookies and Other Technologies
Best Reviews and its service providers work with the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary in order to enjoy a pleasant, user-friendly experience using Best Reviews.
- Analytics and performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visitor numbers and anonymously collect website usage data that helps us improve our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies help us to personalize your experience while using our website.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies set by us or our advertising partners allow us to customize your experience using our website.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are set by social media services that have been added to Best Reviews and allow you to share our content with your social media network and friends.
Advertising and Tailored Content
Articles and web pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, widgets, PDFs, images, etc.) that behaves in the exact same way as if you were to visit the other website from which the content is sourced. These third parties may collect data about you to better tailor this content and improve your user experience.
Analytics and Tracking
Our third-party advertising partners (including but not limited to Google Ads and Facebook) let us serve tailored ads about Best Reviews to you on other websites and via other means. We may utilize cookies and tracking pixels to serve these ads to you on your computer, mobile device, or other devices. We don’t govern the privacy policies that apply to the tracking technologies used by these partners. You can opt out of Google Analytics and Google Ads, as well as Facebook data tracking.
Social Media and Other Content Networks
Protection of Your Data
Your safety and the protection of your data is a priority with Best Reviews. We use SSL (HTTPS) throughout Best Reviews to encrypt any information transmitted between you and our website. All collected information is stored on U.S.-based secure servers managed by a third-party hosting provider. We are committed to making sure our website and all used technologies meet the latest security and safety standards to warrant a safe and secure user experience.
Information From Children
Our content and services aren’t aimed at children under the age of 13 and as such we do not intend to collect any personal information from children. If it is believed that we have collected such information we kindly ask you to contact us regarding this.
Your Rights Over Your Data
You can request for us to erase any personal data that we hold about you. This does not include information that we are required to keep for legal, administrative or security purposes. Through your newsletter subscription settings you can unsubscribe from our newsletter database at any time. Upon request we can provide you with an exported file of the personal data that we hold about you. You can contact us if you wish to amend your information.
We encrypt and store any provided or generated information only for as long as is necessary and for its provisioned purpose. We will retain your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligations we may be required to meet or to resolve disputes. For an additional time, backups and copies needed to ensure the continuity of our website may still contain this information.
Data Protection Officer
Attn: Data Protection Officer